... february ...
Finally...
My favourite month of the year is here!
:p
Just about the most uniquely shortest month on the Gregorian calendar, with a leap day every 4 years *barring centennial years non-divisible by 4*. Not to mention it's my birthday *^_^* and Valentine's *-_-*, it's also usually Chinese New Year *^_^*!
To say I wasn't looking forward to the biggest Chinese festival on the lunar calendar would be a gross understatement. In fact, I had been making plans and thinking out what to do since I first came here back in Mar '07. If only I could, I would be spending February back home. But I'm not about to allow something like that put a damper on my high spirits for this month.
So I started planning out all the dishes I would attempt to cook since I first came, in honour of my first CNY here, and also which days to take off work *cos we're not supposed to work on the first day of CNY*. But had to scrap the food plans down on a massive scale - what with me living figuratively-speaking alone, limited food storage and refrigerator space, non-existent cooking skills, sheer lazy bed-potato-ness, ... Even purposely went down to Chinatown last weekend to shop for CNY goodies, but didn't find any tempting ones. They didn't have a lot of things I needed - min kan, for example. Not even waxed duck! And I was all prepared to spend, checking out 2-3 supermarkets there =( *still spend quite a bit though*
Oh well, the huge CNY eve meal I had originally intended for myself didn't quite make it past the planning stage - from approximately 5 dishes, I will now limit myself to one *or possibly two :p*. I'm still gonna make the vegetarian dish for the first day of CNY that's a tradition with my family, but in my own experimental way of course. But with my carnivore instincts, I realised I had to go shopping for more if I don't want to end up with a vegetarian dish comprising of mainly 4 different varieties of mushroom -_-;
Which leaves me with only this weekend to get everything ready o.O
Did I mention that I had also neglected to spring-clean?
OMG, so much to do!
And here I am, listening to my blog on my bed in my dump-site room with my headphones' sensitive wires wrapped around my neck like a scarf to get sound on both sides, mid-way through the last weekend to CNY.
*biggest drawback to living alone is that there's no one to get you up and moving - somebody, push me!*
But then again,
... it's already February! ^_^
p/s: hm, the days are still cold, but getting sunnier too...
0 comments:
Post a Comment