... first blog ...
Here are the posts from my first attempt (dying a slow death somewhere in cyberspace)...
Two birthdays and a funeral
14 August 2003, 12.06pm:
Yup, that's what really happen yesterday.
One of my best friends, G's father passed away yesterday, on the 13th of August, 2003. He was already in a coma due to blood clots in the brain and we were all very worried indeed. Then the worst happen. I didn't know what to say to her, so I just kept silent instead.
Well, the funny thing (if you could say funny) is, it was also two other good friends' (A and M) birthday that day. We were all in the same close knit group and it was really strange to have something like that happen, to say the least or mourning for the dead. G was always saying how she wouldn't remember their birthdays but now, it wouldn't be a problem, I guess. Talk about a tragic reminder...
Of course, it was even more awkward for us to all go and console her... so we decided we won't, not on that day itself. But we are going to attend the memorial service soon.
I don't know what make me want to do this, but I sort of feel I have to put it in writing somehow. I don't keep a diary or journal as I'm extremely lazy and prone to give up fast. But then I decided on this instead. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea...
Sigh, 13 August 2003, two birthdays and a funeral indeed.
Briefly...
16 August 2003, 9.07pm:
Guess I should sort of introduce myself... though no one would be interested, I bet...
Well, I can never say who I am. By that, I mean I can't seem to explain myself, much less introduce. Hm... 'tis not wrong to start with physical attributes, no?
Species: homo sapien
Sex: at the moment, still figuring...
Height: about 155 cm or more (I wish!)
Weight: definitely somewhere over 50 kg (got no weighing machine, you see...)
Hair: horrible... um, dark but not fully black
Eyes: small, around the same colour as my hair... oh, and short-sighted too.
Face: 2 eyes, 1 nose, 1 mouth... I think!
Hm... what else?
Oh, and I have not one, but three birthmarks on my right lower arm. Actually, you can call it one birthmark... Should really make a good identifier if I'm kidnapped or chopped up in parts... Most of the time, I forget it's there, until someone asks me about it. Then there are some who think I have a freak accident when I was small, one that involves hot water or fire... or both.
Sometimes, I just play along by making up a story about how I got that "scar"... sort of makes a viable conversation piece, though.
Hm... I'm still sorting out which of my many personalities do I actually possess...
So, that's all... briefly.
Three days late straight
24 August 2003, 10.13pm:
Hm, haven't been updating in a long, long time. That's just sooo me...
Ok, on Thursday, I went to send off a very good friend of mine, A to US. She's going there to study Biology, then Marine Biology. So I won't be seeing her in a long time. Strange... I don't feel sad or anything. In fact, I feel excited for her. She's a really very sociable person, and is very close to tonnes of people. Plus, she has an all too dreamy relationship with her family members, to the disbelief and envy of everyone else. Oh, I was late half an hour to her house. But luckily, she was not fully ready to go yet. Then, idiotic me accidentally let her dog out, so she could not say goodbye to her Scruffy (who lives up to his name!).
On Friday, I was 45 minutes late for my first official party that was held in a pub. Not that I've not been to one before, just that this one is sort of official... It was really small and smoky, and had lame music that beats slowly, not suitable for dancing at all. Again, not that one can actually dance, as the dance floor was really just a tiny dance space. Oh well, there's still a bit of floor, I guess...
And on Saturday, I was late (again! three days straight!) half an hour, so my friend, M had to wait for me. Which is so unlike me. Usually the other way around. She says I'm catching the G syndrome, who is notorious for being very late. Like, we normally have to tell her to be there one hour before the actual time and she would turn up just on time.
Sigh, and now I'm late in updating this thingy...
Cruising
14 September 2003, 6.05pm:
Ok, as usual, I can not keep things going, let alone my first ever blog. Got a lot of diaries, but too nice to use them. They mostly end up yellowish and parchment-like, so in the dustbin they go. What a waste.
Hm, got my first driving experience using me dad's car wtih him sitting right next to me. Surpisingly, he was relatively quiet, and I didn't have any accidents (yay!). Just a short time cruising around in his much bigger car than what I've been used to. At this rate, I'll be a loyal supporter of public transport forever.
Unexpected encounter
21 September 2003, 8.42pm:
Now, today, a bizarre thing happened:
Went on the shout box, managed to catch someone there for only the second time. So start chatting...
Then skye comes along on her first chat ever on this shout box, and voila! the rest is history. Well, maybe not.
First, she said my username reminded her of her sports house. I immediately thought of Aidan, a sports house in my old school. So I asked whether she went to a convent, and she does. She's actually from the same school as me, primary and secondary! Unbelievable! On the world wide web, at that.
I don't know how many of you have encountered this sort of thing before, but it's a first for me. So I warrant it has earned a post in my blog.
We chatted for around two hours, not really sure. Mostly ratting on our teachers. Well, my ex-teachers anyway. In total, had a great time!
But I don't know about the bill, though...
Anyway, it was like sooo unexpected and everything.
Oh, and I also had my second, and short, cruise in me dad's car again. But this time, my mom was there as well. Then my mom took a turn in me dad's car (she's never tried it yet), and my dad said I was better than her! Yay! Although she has been driving for a number of years already... Of course, no one I know can beat my dad at driving nonchalantly, if that's the word for it.
Adrian and Adriane
5 October 2003, 2.48pm:
Yesterday, I went to this wedding banquet - well, dinner. As usual, they had the late serving of dishes, the social small talk with the relatives... and a very irritating and annoying host employed by the restaurant who kept on saying "Ladies and gentlemens", "brides and grooms" (although there was only one of each), "Give your hand please" when he actually meant 'put your hands together (i.e. applause), etc. This was tolerable at first, but gets really disrupting later. Especially when he puts on a fake American (I presume, but he does have an accent not from any existing country that I know of) and speaks into the mike more than to the air around him. And it's not a really big restaurant, at that. And especially this is the second time in a month I'm attending a wedding dinner at the same restaurant. Why do they have to choose this restaurant more than once, and hosted by the same family too!
But that's not my point.
The only really cool thing is the groom was name Adrian *grin* and the bride was Adriane.
Honest! What a compatibility! So I thought, maybe one purposely choose one of those names after meeting the other or vice versa. But no, they already go by those names before their destined union. Maybe that's what brought them together in the first place. Now, that's what I call a perfect match!
It's also pretty cool to see their names on the stage like that...
ADRIAN *heart shape thingy* ADRIANE
Oh, and the host went like, "Please welcome Adrian and ... (it sounded like this) Adrian!" after a short pause. One might think he did it on purpose as a joke, but I seriously think he doesn't look English-competent enough to have that sort of sense of humour. No, it wasn't on purpose...
Band
10 November 2003, 9.18pm:
Just been to a band competition to support me former school. That is, to support my former school band.
Sigh, the nostalgia... Met a lot of old friends, the usual hanging out thing, gossip about teachers... yup, I do miss all that! College is sooo boring.
There were quite a few very good schools that, in my opinion, totally deserve the gold awards they got. One in particular was not that bad, but worse than most, and yet they can get the gold award. Beats me.
My school finally played By The Rivers Of BabyLon! And I didn't get to be a part of it *sob*. I mean, I totally memorised the entire score for snare and timpani, ready to play anytime way back when I was still a member. I wanted to play it so much! But then, not everyone was able to take on such an advanced score (by our standards then) so we had to give it up. In truth, they performed it quite well this time and did get one of the silver awards.
Band was another sore point: we had so much potential! Believe me, school bands are big here especially for secondary schools, whether the marching type or the concert ones. Our band was very new compared to others: only started in 1999 at a mere membership of 40 something students. Yet we had a lot of talent in the pioneer batch of players and managed to snag 4th overall in the state championships, beating a number of very established schools. Sigh, those were the days...
Then the headmistress retired, and a new one came who wasn't at all supportive of the band mostly because she thinks we're a big liability then. There was a lot of conflicts mainly with the school management, so much until the band didn't have such a good image among the other students. Hey, what to do, we were a very small band then. Four years later, and the same people are still in the band. Only because no one else wanted to enter seeing that it wasn't favoured by the school. Of course, there were a number of additions, but us senior members had to do most of the work. Plus, the school even limit the number of clubs we could join then just because we were in band. I mean, who's the school to say that we can only choose one between others and band? After all, they don't clash with each other and we were supposed to be encouraged to be all-rounders!
That was then. All those tension have almost been left behind now that I've left. But the war continues, and I've been given the update yesterday from the current members of band, evoking memories of the time I had.
Guess I've said enough. (That was only the tip of the iceberg) Perhaps I'll rant again about this another day.
Well, that's all I ever got to... Yup, 7 posts is quite impressive from someone like me :p
0 comments:
Post a Comment