... portobello revisited ...
Had the best char kuey teow I've ever had in over a year today for lunch at Nyonya ^_^
Ok, the fish cakes were limp and they used king prawns instead *I know I shouldn't be eating prawns so soon after the hives-allergy attack - anyway, it's gone down now and I still have no idea what caused it*, but the wok hei was good and the overall taste was there... except that it was KL style although the menu said 'Penang' -_-
Never mind that the menu descriptions were misleading *owned and managed by a Singaporean family, what can one expect?* and the bad service the last time round, I was more than ready to forget and forgive since the char kuey teow is just good enough. Really, it's lucky I don't live near the area, or I'll end up spending too much eating there *it's expensive :(* and shopping at Portobello market all the time.
Well, around some time during the last round of college, had this sudden craving to go to Portobello market again. Went with SZ today who's never been there before, since the weather is finally forecasted as all sunny *yesterday was sunny-rainy and tomorrow is supposed to be all rainy*. It was *gonna get a sunburn =(*.
Decided to get yet another charm from that same stall and was contemplating a small silver 'royal jewels' crown *souvenir of London?* but ended up getting a train engine instead to add to my collection *more worth it and better quality*. At this rate, I'll probably get one each time I go there -_-
Also bought a couple of Matchbox Crossley car models, for me and me sis. Wanted to get an old-fashioned toy soldier on horse for my sis, but decided against it since they were made from lead *hear it's dangerous for health*.
Spending yet again.
*sigh*
On the way back in the Tube, this old bearded Polish guy who couldn't speak English tried to set me up with his 2 sons, who are likely to be still in high school, and were all probably here just for a holiday. That is, what I could gather and guess from the foreign words and sign language. Probably never seen a Chinese before. Or, dressed as I always apparently am, I looked 15 -_- At least, one son had the decency to be embarassed and moved to the end of the carriage.
By the way, saw this Fullmetal Alchemist Piano Solo Album online with 77 songs arranged from the anime and became obssessed with it, although I've yet to hear the songs on the OST. Needless to say, stayed up until 3am plus just surfing and debating whether to get it...
... over-shopping.
0 comments:
Post a Comment