...time...

Saturday, 2 June 2007

Bicester Village


Went on a one-day trip to Oxford today with 3 other friends. Or rather, to be more exact, went to Oxfordshire today :p


Well, took a bus at 8.35am from Victoria Station and reached the last stop at Gloucester Green, Oxford at around 10 something. Bus was supposed to be Megabus, and we couldn't find the right bus station at first. Then we asked one of the drivers around and they told us that Oxford Tube buses are the same. Haha... and here we were thinking those were more expensive...


...bus between Oxford and London...

When we reached Oxford, we realised that there was no particular place that we wanted to go (-_-;). Having 'graduated', we were no longer interested in universities and no one could remember the name of the college which the Harry Potter movies were shot in (that was the only tourist-y thing we could think of besides University of Oxford and we still need to pay to see the 'movie locations'). So, we had our brunch there and then, and left for Bicester Village in Oxfordshire for shopping! That's our main purpose of going to Oxford :p So we took another bus (30 minutes ride) to the Bicester where there's a 'village' of designer factory outlets stores... Spent most of our time there (haha) until 4pm...


...Bicester Village...


Quite a few great bargains there (Timberland shoes for £12! but mens only :(, Tommy Hilfiger perfume set for £20! again, mens' collection :((...), but not many good buys for women's collection. Finally bought a pair of casual shoes for £10 from Helly Hanson (apparently, it's a British brand, but I've never heard of it) which isn't what I would usually buy, but at least it matches the clothes I brought from home.
*my clothes from home: the handbags don't match the tops, the tops (ladylike casual to shirts) don't match the bottoms (baggy jeans and slacks), the bottoms don't match the shoes (3 pairs of work shoes and 1 pair of low-heel boots-like shoes)... sigh... yup, I'm hopeless at fashion...*
Also got a small but quite costly (to me :p) Clinique liquid foundation. But the worst was I actually splurge £30 on a Burberry checked scarve in the trademark Burberry colours! Can't believed I fell to the temptation... was debating with myself whether to get it or not and initially gave up on it, but my friends convinced me to get it in the end (though there wasn't much effort needed to convince me :p). So I now have a piece of accessory which is the most expensive item of clothing I have ever bought in my entire life and which doesn't not go with any of the clothes I have at the moment... Spent a total of £52.50 on just 3 items overall...


...results of Oxfordshire trip...

Took the bus back to Oxford town centre after that. Milled around the place and took some random pictures (no idea what are the names of the buildings) while waiting to board the bus back to London...




So that was it, my first Oxford trip :) Lol...


p/s: Now I need to get clothes (at least a coat!) to match my new overpaid scarve... sigh...
*in need of fashion miracle*





3 comments:

steve said...

Shoes are good. Helly Hanson is a premium brand, unfortunately you have fallen into the trap of Burbery and you will now look like a low rent 'Chav' whenever you wear it. Ask one of your British friends for the meaning of that if you don't understand or check out this website. Sorry, but in the UK Burbery does not equal class any more.

steve said...

Forgot the website. What a dumbass.
here... http://www.chavscum.co.uk/howto.php

fun² said...

I pretty much look like a "low rent 'Chav'" anyway, so no point in binning the scarve. Checks are a favourite of mine though...

Hm... Keeping a lookout for 'Chav's?


Oh, and isn't it 'Burberry'?