... waltz ...
After a lengthy break, there's another class being held and went today for my 3rd *near* tango attempt. Just repeated some basic 2-8 steps and the 1st hour was over before I knew it.
The 2nd hour was voted for waltz this time and I decided to stay for my first try, since I'm just interested in learning more dancing in general. And there were less girls than guys this time round, so definitely less guilt for imposing my beginner self on the lot.
There must be a pattern somewhere. My first try at following the class and the teacher decided to try out some 'gold' level stuff too -_-
Lesson of the day:
- waltz is harder than tango *I had thought the opposite was true, and was apparently completely mistaken*
- I'm horrible at following the lead of my partner *ok, I'd always suspected this and nothing unexpected there, but it's still quite something else to be proven right after all - in my defence, they weren't doing it right either :p*
Today actually felt more of a work out, or maybe it's too hot that I was sweating soon anyway. As noted, ballroom dancing is definitely more achievable on heels than flats. I need to shop for bearable shoes after all...
Still not a proper class, but always good to be able to force myself to exercise a bit.
*I recently discovered that I've become absolutely hopeless when faced with a can and a can-opener =( a task which never presented a problem before since back in my school days*
0 comments:
Post a Comment