... dance club ...
Sadler's Wells has this occasional dance club thingy which starts off with short classes and ends with club-like sessions. This time it was flamenco, so I went for it. The class wasn't anything special as expected *nothing too technical, just simple steps to try out and justify the notion of a 'class'* and the DJ didn't turn up last minute. All the same, it was affordable for a one-off thingy and I was treating it as an intro to flamenco anyway.
Of the Latin craze, stuff like tango and salsa didn't appeal to me as much as something like flamenco. Of course, I would love to learn all of it if possible but given the financial constraints, flamenco would be my first choice. It has a more fiery flair to it, sufficiently rhythmic, some stamping *but not as technical as tap*, no definite need of gymnastic flexibility, and lovely guitar music as accompaniment. Most of all *big determining factor for me*, it does not require a dance partner.
Ah, I wish I could afford regular classes in all dance varieties... I definitely need the exercise, at the very least. *particularly against the idea of going to the gym for any sort of 'regular exercise'* Surprisingly, I woke up the next day without any pains or aches. Just go to show it wasn't that much of a class in the first place and didn't warrant any exertion of efforts. Or maybe I'm just too self-conscious again to try my best...
... dance, anyone? =(
0 comments:
Post a Comment