... 2009 ...
A new year...
Debated last night whether to try to pop down to London Eye for some fireworks sighting *or rather, some squeezing-attempted-jumping-to-see-over-shoulders-of-towering-Londoners*. After all, it's very likely to be my only chance to, well, see the new year being brought into London in celebration. Plus, public transport is free from 11.45pm to 4.30am on New Year's Eve *smart move to reduce over-congestion*.
And as usual, lazy old me backed out in the end. To be exact, the winning argument was determined by the fact that I had forgotten to bring the book I was currently reading and couldn't really be bothered to go home and fetch it.
Well, it was so as to have something to do so that one wouldn't mind being stucked on board a double decker bus in the jam for the hours on both side of countdown time. That was the proposed plan.
Anyways, visited CE at her new place and we had dinner together while watching one of her landlady's nice collection of dvds *the choice was Nanny Mcphee, not a movie I might recommend anyone else after this - ah, Mary Poppins was certainly better despite beng made decades ago*. Pretty much chatted and did some catching up 'til almost 2am *no countdowns, but we did wished each other :p*, and her place really was as cold as she said it was. Even I couldn't stand it, dunno how she managed.
And now I'm back. I know I should be sleeping. But will probably continue reading before finally turning in. Very much looking forward to potluck tonight at HL and L's apartment. Hopefully, some more chor dai di as well.
Not exactly the ideal start I'd wanted, but at least a hopeful improvement for 2009 ^_^
... Happy New Year!
p/s: Been having a reading craving lately, so am making a steady progress through Terry Pratchett's Discworld series. Done The Colour of Magic *a good first book to start the series*, Equal Rites *so-so*, The Light Fantastic *absolutely fantastic sequel to Colour of Magic*, Thud! *quite good*, Small Gods *definitely not one to read again*, and will probably borrow a couple more although there's Sabriel still waiting on hand *well, Garth Nix seemed to be quite hyped about after all, but I'm rather into the light fantasy satirical humour that only Terry Pratchett can provide at the moment*.
0 comments:
Post a Comment