... it's a small world ...
The world is your oyster...
Been a pretty busy week. Meeting up with people after work and for dinner, seeing everyone *the few people I know here in UK can be done in less than 5 dinners* since I came back. If I do fail the resit, at least I've met with everyone....
Other than Cha Cha Moon, tried another couple of new restaurants which had good food overall - Ten Ten Tei on Wed *pretty hard to find, bit pricy for its setting* and Korean Kitchen on Fri *nice big portions for its price*. So am staying in the whole day today, to give my wallet a well-deserved rest.
Edit: By the way, DX pointed out to me the new location of the Malaysian Kopitiam, originally thought to have disappeared for good (last I saw it, the place was wholly taken over by the handphone shop with just the restaurant's name left on the glass window) but which has now resurfaced at a different spot around Chinatown. And it had the nerve to display a huge Malaysian flag on its banner o.O See how long it will last this time. The saga continues...
Did I mentioned that it's a small world?
Coincidences have never been a big thing in my life, seeing as I don't know that many people in the first place to pass that lonely planet 6 degrees of separation thingy. But when I was back in KL, had a spot of trouble with finding a good dentist and I ended up trying one which my relatives mentioned *with slight sniggerings, as though there's an inside joke o.O*.
The dentist turned out to be an avid Christian, has a son doing accountancy and working with a big 4.
Who also happened to be currently working in London.
And as it was, he turned out to be an ex-colleague of mine.
*the son, I mean*
Major coincidence? Not only were we in the same peer group *albeit, never actually working together on a job*, we left at differing times and somehow both ended up in London. In fact, I had nearly forgotten who he was and had to use the entire visit at the dentist's to jog my memory.
Oh, and there's a 2nd son also in London, who lost his job from the recent US financial crisis, got an immediate offer for a new job in a couple of days, and was contemplating another 2 more job offers within the same week.
Really, I kid not. Sigh, to reach a point in life where one gets 3 job offers right after one is retrenched. During a recession, what's more. And apparently, he's only been working a year plus, fresh out of college. Here I am, facing nothing more but a resit...
Yup, all this info, during the first visit, just to get an idea of the fillings I need.
By the 2nd visit (to actually get the fillings done), the dentist asked me to pass a book to his son *which costs only £3 (but I supposed, nothing equivalent to having it crossing seas to reach you from the hands of your parents) -_- plus a few booklets of Christian teachings for yours truly (somehow, I must have the 'come-forth-and-convert-me-into-a-Christian' look)*, which I finally did last Thurs.
Never truly realised how small this world can be.
... but the pearl is never me.
0 comments:
Post a Comment