... home ...
Tadaima...
Yes. Nearly one and a half years. After a bus, waiting, a mini-coach, more waiting, 2 flights, 3 hours plus waiting in transit, a train ride, and only 2 meals in during all that,
I'm back.
And my family was mostly interested in seeing how the dog would react to me.
In fact, my sis only stayed up for that reason. Enough said about my family - just goes to show that even I was more interested in the animal's reaction than any family-reunion-hugs-and-tears-thingy. Was told to wait a bit in the car until my mom had the camera ready, so the dog wouldn't yet know.
Despite Yoyo arriving at our home within a day after I left, she was quite friendly and not a single bark or so when she saw me!
Which was a bit of a letdown for all of us. Did predicted that she wouldn't greet me like a stranger, since my 'presence'/smell and stuff are still around long enough for her to get used to it while I was away. Though I must say, one can't rule out the possibility that she would bark and bite at me. Especially since from what I hear, she's quite the hunter and a possessive dog - even more alpha than the previous male dogs we had.
As soon as it was cleared that we won't be getting more out of her other than sniffing and keep trying to lick me, everyone prepared to turn in for the night.
And that was it. My brief homecoming and start of my month long holiday :)
The next day was a Friday and everyone was either at work or had classes. Which I took the opportunity to just chill and enjoy the comforts of home ^_^ ah, the luxury of being able to do nothing.
First thing was to turn on the TV *haven't been watching TV since my holiday in Europe last year :(*. After channel-surfing on cable for about half an hour, I had to admit defeat and accept that there was nothing worth watching. Flipping through the guide didn't help much. *Animax is still showing whatever that was showing before I left o.O except for one new show on the listing* Ok, scratch the TV.
Next up, the piano. Ah, now that I could occupy myself for hours. But since I haven't played in ages, had to take a break after more than 2 hours of playing. Not to mention that my left pinky was starting to hurt.
Which left me with still half a day to do nothing with. Not wanting to sleep and risk getting jet lag, I started walking around the house randomly and looking for relaxing things to do. *of course, I'm not about to start clearing and cleaning my stuff the first day into my 'holiday' :p* Couldn't surf the new broadband connection at home since they only got it recently and I had no idea how to connect. Couldn't really play on the computer since it was recently reformated and besides, I never had any games or such to play on it anyway. Couldn't play much with Yoyo or try to train her, since I had no idea what where the rules set and what she can/can't eat. So was kinda glad that my sis came back and I could tag along when she took Yoyo for a walk.
Knowing me and my bad luck, already had a good headache by the time evening approach and a sore throat definitely on the way. And I had literally been relaxing and doing nothing the whole day, staying at home and eating safe food after all!
Just hope that it'll be over soon and then I can start on truly enjoying my 'holiday' =(
Oh, and Yoyo sat right behind my piano chair while I played the piano ^_^ though that was only for the early parts. She would get a bit restless *I was indeed quite long and usually nobody ever plays the piano but me, so must be a new experience for her* and walked around a bit before settling down again, but each time further away from the piano... Also, she followed me around the whole day as I walked around looking for entertainment - perhaps to check and guard against me :p or maybe she was just hoping for a walk. Either way, felt slightly guilty for occupying her time while I walked around doing nothing.
... okarinasai.
Yes. Nearly one and a half years. After a bus, waiting, a mini-coach, more waiting, 2 flights, 3 hours plus waiting in transit, a train ride, and only 2 meals in during all that,
I'm back.
And my family was mostly interested in seeing how the dog would react to me.
In fact, my sis only stayed up for that reason. Enough said about my family - just goes to show that even I was more interested in the animal's reaction than any family-reunion-hugs-and-tears-thingy. Was told to wait a bit in the car until my mom had the camera ready, so the dog wouldn't yet know.
Despite Yoyo arriving at our home within a day after I left, she was quite friendly and not a single bark or so when she saw me!
Which was a bit of a letdown for all of us. Did predicted that she wouldn't greet me like a stranger, since my 'presence'/smell and stuff are still around long enough for her to get used to it while I was away. Though I must say, one can't rule out the possibility that she would bark and bite at me. Especially since from what I hear, she's quite the hunter and a possessive dog - even more alpha than the previous male dogs we had.
As soon as it was cleared that we won't be getting more out of her other than sniffing and keep trying to lick me, everyone prepared to turn in for the night.
And that was it. My brief homecoming and start of my month long holiday :)
The next day was a Friday and everyone was either at work or had classes. Which I took the opportunity to just chill and enjoy the comforts of home ^_^ ah, the luxury of being able to do nothing.
First thing was to turn on the TV *haven't been watching TV since my holiday in Europe last year :(*. After channel-surfing on cable for about half an hour, I had to admit defeat and accept that there was nothing worth watching. Flipping through the guide didn't help much. *Animax is still showing whatever that was showing before I left o.O except for one new show on the listing* Ok, scratch the TV.
Next up, the piano. Ah, now that I could occupy myself for hours. But since I haven't played in ages, had to take a break after more than 2 hours of playing. Not to mention that my left pinky was starting to hurt.
Which left me with still half a day to do nothing with. Not wanting to sleep and risk getting jet lag, I started walking around the house randomly and looking for relaxing things to do. *of course, I'm not about to start clearing and cleaning my stuff the first day into my 'holiday' :p* Couldn't surf the new broadband connection at home since they only got it recently and I had no idea how to connect. Couldn't really play on the computer since it was recently reformated and besides, I never had any games or such to play on it anyway. Couldn't play much with Yoyo or try to train her, since I had no idea what where the rules set and what she can/can't eat. So was kinda glad that my sis came back and I could tag along when she took Yoyo for a walk.
Knowing me and my bad luck, already had a good headache by the time evening approach and a sore throat definitely on the way. And I had literally been relaxing and doing nothing the whole day, staying at home and eating safe food after all!
Just hope that it'll be over soon and then I can start on truly enjoying my 'holiday' =(
Oh, and Yoyo sat right behind my piano chair while I played the piano ^_^ though that was only for the early parts. She would get a bit restless *I was indeed quite long and usually nobody ever plays the piano but me, so must be a new experience for her* and walked around a bit before settling down again, but each time further away from the piano... Also, she followed me around the whole day as I walked around looking for entertainment - perhaps to check and guard against me :p or maybe she was just hoping for a walk. Either way, felt slightly guilty for occupying her time while I walked around doing nothing.
... okarinasai.
0 comments:
Post a Comment