Greenwich
Had my first pub meal since I came to London and *naturally* had to have fish 'n' chips ;)
...pub lunch...
Was ok lar... Not the best I ever had though. After lunch, wanted to go for the Bank of England tour (apparently, it's open to public with free tours one day a year, and it's Saturday this time!), but didn't in the end. Mostly because no one else wanted to go =( and was a bit lazy myself...
Went with friends to Greenwich instead. Well, the first place we went to was the new O2. Since we were in the area, I suppose... There was a small BMW exhibition there, and this F1 car was there! Note the Petronas logo right in front and the name on the rear wing...
... car ...
Saw and felt the K810i, and it was so cool! Particularly loved the buttons. Only thing I didn't like was the toggle, which was a bit hard to navigate. But the best phone available so far which I had my eye on. Will wait and see if I can get a good deal...
hopefully ^_^
Then went to Greenwich Park, National Maritime Museum *only the entrance and the shop >.<*, Queen's House *only from the outside*, and the Royal Observatory. The park was fantastic, since it was a sunny day and all. Didn't really explore the whole of the Royal Observatory, just walked through... Maybe another time? :) There were lots of people there, as it was a Saturday and a sunny day. Took some pictures and bought some things...
hopefully ^_^
Then went to Greenwich Park, National Maritime Museum *only the entrance and the shop >.<*, Queen's House *only from the outside*, and the Royal Observatory. The park was fantastic, since it was a sunny day and all. Didn't really explore the whole of the Royal Observatory, just walked through... Maybe another time? :) There were lots of people there, as it was a Saturday and a sunny day. Took some pictures and bought some things...
*self-explanatory*
...Vikings...
*bought from National Maritime Museum shop*
...Queen's House...
...view of Queen's House from Greenwich park...
...Canary Wharf in the background...
...prime meridian...
...either sides of the meridian, at KL (^_^)...
...WS stepping on *ahem*...
...certificate (?)...
Oh, and see that cheap A4 paper certificate? It's to prove that I was there on 07.07.07. Costs £1 from a machine that prints the time exactly when you insert the coin... Bet that earns loads off tourists every day *like me :p*.
Came across the Greenwich Market while walking and had a browse through. Apparently Saturdays & Sundays are art and crafts while Thursdays have antiques and collectibles.
*self-explanatory*
Then crossed the Thames River by foot! Through the Greenwich Foot Tunnel lar...
*self-explanatory*
...tunnel...
*yes, that's the width of Thames which we just crossed underfoot*
...greenwich university...
Didn't know the Trinity college for music that I've always heard of was at Greenwich 'til I walked past one of their halls :p
Had Korean food for dinner, and Haagan-Dazs for dessert. Am so going broke... =(
*by the way, this was taken from outside O2 instead*
...07.07.07
0 comments:
Post a Comment