...time...

Tuesday, 8 July 2008

... curly, no, wavy, no...

*sigh*

Always wanted to have soft, wavy hair with lazy curls...



Did I mention that CE got her top choice job?

Being a junior while training at a London top salon, she needed a model for blow-drying on her first couple of days at work. And guess who was available at the last minute?

The salon must be really famous indeed *me knew not the hairstyling industry* - they had complimentary snacks *fruits, even pastry at certain times of the day* and drinks *including alcohol, and tea sets displaying their name*, which doesn't make one feel as short-changed for being charged top salon prices.


Had already been blow-dried by CE at her previous job *whose 'training' programme isn't as good as the current one*, so this is my 2nd time. With my hair being what it is now *I could easily act in a costume period epic without having to rely on a wig, or qualify without audition as a prop in a horror movie*, the best thing one could do with it is to blow dry straight.


And the stylists at this place thought that would be too easy for CE o.O So, they asked her to try making my hair curl instead.


For those who knew not me *lucky enough to not to be subjected to suffer my frequent complaints about my messy hair*, I have thick and coarse hair. Lots of it. Very stubborn. With abundant baby/short hairs.
*only way it'll look presentable is to have it straightened - or hidden in a high ponytail*

And at its current length, it's even more challenging. So, I always felt guilty for CE when she has to blow dry my hair. Plus, Asian hair isn't as easy as European.


Even the stylists admitted it'll be hard to make it curl, but CE could apparently have fun trying anyway.



2 hours plus, 2 types of mousse, lots of effort from poor CE, and many clips later, it was ready to be unrolled. Well, I would think that ordinarily one would spray some other thing to make it hold and let it cool down to set, but as we were the last ones there *my hair's fault =(*, the 2 remaining stylists helped CE to remove all the clips once she was done putting them up.

Honestly, my hair has never been subjected to so much attention before.
*it was even a bad hair day for me when I came in -_- so embarrassing*


And - surprise, surprise - it did curl! I'd always had the nagging suspicion that the only way my hair would even so much as wave properly is to perm it under high heat for at least some length of time. But CE managed to achieve that with just blow-drying. *and lots of mousse, of course*


After unrolling, I'm left with a mane of thick hair which curls at the bottom *and for some unknown reason, made me feel very like Charmaine Sheh o.O*.

In less than 15 minutes *during which we walked home from Covent Garden*, it had all fallen and wasn't Kimba-like anymore.

By the time we got home, it had settled down into lazy messy waves at the bottom.

Despite taking care to sleep on my side, it went back the next day to the usual messily coarse and thick hair that I'd always had since before I re-bonded it last year. Except that it looks browner than normal. *must be all that mousse*



... my 15 minutes of curly wavy glory.

0 comments: