...time...

Saturday, 14 June 2008

... clubbed ...

First time go clubbing yesterday, though it wasn't what one would call 'clubbing'. It was M's birthday and supposed to start at 10. So in between getting off work and being all settled in bed with a good book *Sourcery, by Terry Pratchett ^_^*, was obviously too lazy and can't-be-bothered to go out again after CE finished her work and was ready.

Well, somehow dragged myself and got there a bit after 11, we bumped into HL and LL outside the place, looking for a way to enter. Good to know we weren't the only late ones... 90 minutes of standing around *no tables* screaming ourselves hoarse to be heard and me being all too-stiff-and-annoyed-and-trying-to-look-inconspicuous-in-the-middle-of-a-crowd-of-dancing-friends later, we finally decided that we had stayed long enough *and after a bit of the obligatory dancing-cum-thing-a-ma-jig* before heading to Chinatown for some supper and staying up in bed reading til 5am.



Had always known I wasn't cut out for clubbing.
*but finally understood why those dressed-up girls can stand in the cold without their coats while waiting to go in - they charge for every item they keep for you*


Wouldn't mind sitting behind a table with a drink while watching people one knows get drunk and dance though. But even that wasn't viable as this place has some split levels with only a couple of tables and one can't hold a cold drink all the time while trying to make oneself be heard, not to mention it's someone's birthday. On the other hand, even regulars like HL and LL didn't want to stay long - not the right crowd and not with the right group of friends. Sorry for CE though, hope she did enjoyed some of it.



Speaking of which, picked CE up from the airport the other day after my first exam. Not only did she managed to get a job in less than 24 hours from arrival *not exactly her top choice, but still, efficient!*, she had also been apparently surviving on only apples *already bought 2 bags in addition to the one I had* and dried meat *brought from KL* everyday since o.O Here I was, thinking that I could finally eat less and be able to cook more, but instead trying to stuff her with food to no avail.




She decided on a place to stay today - one of the ground floor units in my building! Turned out she liked the location so much indeed - probably too settled in and acclimatised to look somewhere else further :p Guess it should be fun and can hang out together easily. Though with our current work schedules, we're more likely to miss each other everyday like ships passing in the night -_- She's still looking for other job options... hope she does get a better one too ^_^






And today also, I'm reminded again of yet how sad my life is. Amy's wedding invitation arrived in the post *thanks Amy ^_^*! It's got some cute picture of the two of them as a stamp on the card :)



My first wedding invitation addressed personally, and I can't go back to attend... *cue gloomy clouds and rolling thunder*






Now, need to RSVP...
*cue stormy winds and pelting rain - yeah, expect this weather at least another 3 months*

2 comments:

Amy Koid said...

Aww, I get a mention on your blog :) Even though the circumstances are negative. BTW, how come my name's spelled out in full and your other friends' names aren't? Any chance you could come here to visit? I'd love to go visit you but I don't think I can afford it anytime soon. How ar? When will I see you again? *drama*

fun² said...

Hm, you're actually mentioned quite a few times ;) wedding is a big thing mar...

Amy vs AKEC - which do you prefer? :p

Flight to LA much more ex than going back KL -_- Maybe when I earn more, or if you're back in KL too...