... holidays ...
These days have been harder to fall asleep than usual...
Which is very strange. Considering that exams are over for now, more than 1 month's wait for results, stopped online 'windows'-shopping, finally having long holidays, and 'tis the season to be jolly - yup, no pressure in sight and yet there are obviously dark circles around my eyes.
o.O
And they're even darker than when I was working in that extremely stressful job back home ('til 3am-4am for consecutive weeks). Up until then, I never had dark circles before. *as far as I can remember, and usually not that noticeable since my eyes are small*
Oh well, I am now officially on holidays until the end of the year :) though I call it the calm before the storm, what with busy season just round the corner for the coming 4 months. For some reason, am just not getting into the Christmas spirit this year. Will usually be playing Christmas songs and humming carols around this time every year - but this year, I don't even try. Maybe, delayed depression? Maybe because I'm in UK? Maybe due to the lack of those mega shopping malls with over-blown Christmas decorations and loud blaring jolly music?
But one thinks it would be the other way round... I did, however, bought 2 magnetic Santas which are just too cute and couldn't resist when the store had a 20% sale on everything. Then again, didn't even feel like putting them up when I got back, so they're hibernating somewhere in my cupboard instead ^_^
This Christmas will mark my 9 months being here, and will be spending about 9 days between Belgium, Netherlands, and Paris during that week. Meeting up with family who's flying there from KL, and leaving this Friday. The last time we travelled overseas for a vacation was back in 2003, I think. Expect there will be quite a few backdated posts once I get back.
Someone once told me that there are 2 kinds of holidays - one which re-energises (and preps you for work), and the other kind needs another holiday to recover from. Somehow, I just know this coming trip will fall under the latter...
... in need of a distraction.
p/s: don't even feel like blogging...
0 comments:
Post a Comment