...time...

Saturday, 20 October 2007

... prawns 'n' others ...

Had a few meals out yesterday - overspent so much...


Lunch was at this place called Miso Noodles Bar (or something similar) since we felt like having ramen. Ordered a bowl of seafood noodles with prawns, cuttlefish, mussels, and fishcakes, but there were no prawns when it came. So I asked a waitress if it was supposed to have prawns, she went to check with the kitchen, and came back to inform me that they (the prawns) are coming shortly. Later, a waiter placed a small bowl with nothing but 3 prawns on our table and that's it.

Without a word. Without a bit of soup for the prawns. Without even a mention of an apology throughout the entire thing.


Guess I won't be going back there anytime soon...


Dinner was at Thai Cuisine / Square to celebrate a friend's birthday and the food was great, with the exception of a papaya salad my friend ordered which didn't have anything that resembles papaya in it. Being me :p, I somehow always order spicy soup *my love affair with tom yam?* whenever I eat Thai food and this occasion was no exception. It was delicious (despite the fact I just had a huge pot of my very own attempt at tom yam soup which lasted me 3½ meals in the same week *yet I'm not tired of it*) and wasn't very spicy although it was labeled the hottest in the menu.

*sigh*


... can't afford to eat like this everyday :(

0 comments: