...time...

Wednesday, 19 September 2007

... nearly nicked ...

A near encounter with (would-be) pickpockets?


Had my first brief brush with attempted pickpockets today. *Well, possibly not the first, but quite likely since I haven't lost anything so far which isn't due to my own carelessness -_-;*
Was walking with a group of friends when my backpack just sorta felt different. I turned and found the zip half-way opened. Thinking I might have forgotten to close it before I left class *unlikely, but who knows the absent-minded me?*, I didn't think much of it then since nothing was gone and thought it must be the crowd pushing from behind.

Later when we were on the escalator, one girl was particularly close to us, standing amidst my group of friends. My friend in front noticed something was wrong and turned around. That girl was holding her coat/scarve/whatever-it-was in a way which fell directly over my friend's handbag. My friend quickly pulled her bag away and glared at the girl. The girl over-reacted a bit (pretending?) and splurted out something angrily *sounds a bit like "what's wrong with you?"*, apparently pissed-off. My friend said 'sorry' but the girl still looked angry for some reason and glared at us before joining her friend.

And that's when I noticed the friend of that girl was the same person who was right behind me earlier when I noticed my bag was open. So they had been following us since then...


Well, they must either still be in training or really lousy to be nearly caught twice and still not able to steal anything...

0 comments: